Sunday, February 7, 2010

One in Christ

I finished reading through the book of Ephesians last month, but I only got around to collecting my notes now...

There is a lot of rich theology here, it's hard for me to do justice to it in one post.

I started my outline:
  • ch 1, v 3-6 predestined to be sons
  • v 7-12 redemption, forgiveness, united, inheritance
  • 13-14 the Gospel, the Holy Spirit is our guarantee
  • 15-23 Paul's reaction - thanks and prayer
  • 2:1-3 we were dead in sin (shown in Christ)
  • 4-10 but God saved us by grace
  • 11-19 Gentiles and Jews brought together in Christ
  • 20-22 foundation of the apostles, we are built together in Christ
  • 3:1-21 the mystery of the Gospel revealed for all through the apostles
  • 4:1-32, 5:1-33, 6:1-9 our new life in Christ
Somewhere along the line, I realized each of these statements could have "in Christ" added to the end.

No comments: