- "were no longer men, but had already become angels" - I guess it does go back further than "It's a Wonderful Life" :)
- There's a fair amount of anti-semitism (especially in chapter 13). Hard to tell how much of that is post-70, and how much was added by later authors.
- No explicit definition of the Gospel
- "we do not commend those who give themselves up [to suffering], seeing the gospel does not teach so to do"
- "the churches throughout the world" (churches - plural)
- "the blameless one for sinners"