Saturday, April 11, 2009

God and Kirk Douglas

I'm always interested in greater insight into a person's theology (because theology influences everything).

A recent interview with Kirk Douglas at CNN reveals some of his theology:
"I have studied religion, and I have concluded that there is some power. We don't understand it. Nobody really saw the Pearly Gates or hell."
"I know a man in Christ, fourteen years ago (whether in the body, I know not; or whether out of the body, I know not; God knoweth), such a one caught up even to the third heaven. And I know such a man (whether in the body, or apart from the body, I know not; God knoweth), how that he was caught up into Paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter." This is Paul, writing in 2 Corinthians 12:2-4. Also, we have the words of Jesus, who sees everything.
"you must care for others. That's the correct religion, I think. You have to learn eventually to care for other people. My mother said once to me -- and we were very poor -- but my mother said, 'A beggar must give something to another beggar who is worse off than he.' And that has stuck with me. ... If people give whatever they can give to help other people, we will solve all of the problems of the world."
Two things: one, that's works righteousness (what we do makes us acceptable); two, if it's so simple, why doesn't everyone do it - the problem is sin.

Please pray for Mr. Douglas, that God would convince him that the truth can be known.

No comments: