This "answer" is a logical and reasoned response to justify our trust in God. We are reasonable and logical, because we are created in God's image, and God is reasonable and logical (Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD").
There are two main approaches to apologetics: "evidential" and "presuppositional".
Evidential apologetics focuses on archaeological and documented evidence that supports the Bible.
Presuppositional apologetics simply says, "What is your foundation?" The atheist (or humanist) stands on his own support - "I am the judge of truth". The theist says, "I am insufficient to determine truth, God is the giver of truth".
Isn't this circular?
Yes it is, both are circular...
The humanist says:
- I am the sole judge of truth
- I do not need God
- Therefore, there is no God
- I need God to determine truth (special revelation: the Bible)
- The Bible describes God, and declares that it is God's truth
- God is as described in the Bible