Do we have free will? This is a difficult question to phrase:
- Are we free to do as we please? It certainly seems so.
- Does God hold us responsible for our actions? Definitely (Ezekiel 18:4, "the soul that sinneth, it shall die").
- Does God make us do evil? No (1 John 1:5 "God is light, and in him is no darkness at all").
- Does God choose those who are saved, and those who are not saved (without regard to their character)? Yes. Salvation (even the faith required for salvation) is a gift from God, apart from what we do -- our works (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Further, does God harden some people to prevent them from believing in God? (Exodus 4:21, 9:34, etc. Deuteronomy 2:30, Romans 9:18. Also the explanation for why Jesus spoke in parables, Matthew 13:10-15: "lest at any time they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and should understand with [their] heart, and should be converted")
- Can we lose our salvation? No. John 10:29 "My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand."
- We are commanded to repent and believe the Gospel message (Mark 1:15, Acts 2:38).
- We are commanded to keep ourselves in the faith, to not fall away (Hebrews 3:12-13).
- We are commanded to pray to God, so that He will do what He has already decided to do.