Monday, June 8, 2009

The Danger of Continualism

iMonk is always beset by Catholics trying to convert him. I have my occasional running battle with atheists.

Over at Pyromaniacs, they fight with anyone who isn't strictly orthodox - although there seems to be a trend towards emergents and continualists (the opposite of cessationist).

Of course, this leads to more polemical posts against them, and additional reading of books (to explore the state of the church).

Digging through my archives, I found this interesting post (from April).

This really captures the dangerous aspects of this theology. I can attest that the dangers Dan speaks of here are real - there are people who are being negatively impacted by this dangerous theology.

1 comment:

nedbrek said...

Just to followup, ten minutes after I published this (yea, I'm 6 months behind...) I watched Creflo Dollar on TBN tell people that just like Peter had a revelation which the "gates of Hell could not stand against" - so too could they. Be it a business proposal, or ministry calling. When they hear God's voice, not to let anything get in the way.